Production in Hollywood dropped for the second month in a row in December and is expected to remain slow as coronavirus cases surge in Los Angeles.
Warner Bros. TV, Universal Television, Disney Television Studios, CBS Studios, Sony Pictures Television and other production studios have halted production until at least mid-January after FilmLA circulated a Christmas Eve alert from county health authorities strongly recommending production companies limit or pause activity through the end of the year.
- Netflix's $100 Million Relief Fund: How It Started and Where It'll Go ... ›
- Movie Piracy Is Up 41% During the Pandemic - dot.LA ›
- Hollywood Has Lost 14K Jobs During the Pandemic - dot.LA ›
- LA Film Production Slows, As Pandemic Locks Down Hollywood ... ›
Dodger Stadium will become a vaccination site by the end of the week, as Los Angeles officials close the nation's largest testing operations Monday.
City and county officials hope as many as 12,000 people will be vaccinated each day at the site as the effort to vaccinate Americans ramps up.
- Here's How Curative, Inc, Plans to Roll Out Coronavirus Testing to ... ›
- Curative Founder Fred Turner on Next Steps For COVID Testing ... ›
- Dodger Stadium Prepares for COVID-19 Vaccinations - dot.LA ›
- This Twitter Bot Alerts LA Residents About Open Vaccine Appointments - dot.LA ›
- Dodger Fans Finally Experience $100 Million Stadium Upgrades - dot.LA ›
The Food and Drug Administration approved genomics company DxTerity's at-home COVID test this week making the Rancho Dominguez-based company one of the few that partner exclusively with corporations to provide saliva-based tests that can be taken on your couch.
As workers return to work, businesses have been scrambling to create safety protocols and make workers feel safe. Individual consumers have been able to purchase at-home tests online, but the company said it hasn't been as easy for businesses.
- XPrize Puts Up $5 Million to Jumpstart Faster, Cheaper COVID-19 ... ›
- Covid Testing Soon Coming to LAX - dot.LA ›
- The COVID-19 Crisis is Creating a New Biotech Culture in L.A. - dot.LA ›
- FDA Approves Curative Inc's COVID-19 Test - dot.LA ›
- UCLA Gets FDA Approval for New COVID-19 Test - dot.LA ›
- Coronavirus Test Kit Facility Aims to Produce 10K A Day in L.A. - dot ... ›