The largest property technology or "proptech" venture firm Fifth Wall is joining the SPAC boom.
In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Comission this week, the firm said its creating a special acquisition company (SPAC) and intends to raise up to $287 million by selling 28.75 million shares at $10 a piece to seek out opportunities in real estate tech.
- Brendan Wallace, Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Fifth Wall - dot ... ›
- Fifth Wall Venture Firm Is Now a B Corporation - dot.LA ›
On this week's episode of Office Hours, you'll hear from Ynon Kreiz, the CEO of Mattel since 2018. Prior, he served on Mattel's Board. We discuss the Barbie movie in production, just one product that's leveraging the iconic brand's IP, what Mattel is doing towards achieving environmental sustainability and the priority Mattel places on DEI. Also, hear the answer to a burning UNO game question hotly-debated in my family.
- Beauty Counter's Gregg Renfrew Sees Makeup as a Movement - dot ... ›
- Office Hours Podcast: Bill Gurley On Startups, Venture Capital and ... ›
Though more women and entrepreneurs of color are leading venture-backed startups across the country, founding teams are still predominantly white, male and located in the Bay Area.
A report from RateMyInvestor and the nonprofit Diversity VC looked at data from 2018 to 2019 — before the killing of George Floyd and others thrust the country into a racial reckoning. Using data from its previous report taken over a four-year period beginning in 2013, it tracked the top 100 U.S. VC firms accounting for $68 billion in funding across 3,304 companies.
- Ten Venture Capital Firms Commit to 'Diversity' Rider' - dot.LA ›
- Can Venture Capital Solve Its Whiteness Problem? - dot.LA ›
- The Largest Venture Capital Raises in Los Angeles in 2020 - dot.LA ›
- Navigating the Venture Capital World as a Black Person - dot.LA ›