The largest property technology or "proptech" venture firm Fifth Wall is joining the SPAC boom.
In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Comission this week, the firm said its creating a special acquisition company (SPAC) and intends to raise up to $287 million by selling 28.75 million shares at $10 a piece to seek out opportunities in real estate tech.
- Brendan Wallace, Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Fifth Wall - dot ... ›
- Fifth Wall Venture Firm Is Now a B Corporation - dot.LA ›
Electric vehicle charging station provider EVgo is going public, joining a wave of companies in the electric vehicle industry hoping to ride on Tesla's soaring stock growth over the last year.
The Los Angeles-based startup, which operates a nationwide fast-charging network for electric vehicles, announced Friday it's going public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company that will generate about $575 million in net proceeds.
The deal with the SPAC, Climate Change Crisis Real Impact I Acquisition Corp., values EVgo at $2.6 billion. Shares shot up more than 66% on the news.
Los Angeles electric vehicle company Canoo Holdings Ltd. will go public on Tuesday after shareholders approved a deal with Hennessy Capital Acquisition.
Under its agreement with the special purpose acquisition company, the EV startup, with $2.4 billion valuation, will begin trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbols "GOEV," Canoo said in a statement.
- Triller Eyes at Least Three SPACs to Take It Public, Considers ... ›
- Why SPACs Are Today's Best Option for an IPO - dot.LA ›
- Karma Automotive Details Plans to Go Public - dot.LA ›
- Canoo Is Set to Go Public - dot.LA ›
- Canoo's Wall Street Debut Was Worse Than Expected - dot.LA ›