The SPAC, or special purpose acquisition company, is the most recent IPO craze to hit Wall Street. Many reputable companies are going public via this route — over 200 were formed in 2020 alone. SPACs have existed since the early 2000s, but they have recently enjoyed a resurgence in popularity. And with many more slated to take companies public in 2021, the surge shows no signs of slowing down.
- Rocket Lab Inks $4.1B SPAC Deal - dot.LA ›
- Bird Reportedly Explores Going Public via SPAC - dot.LA ›
- Science Inc. Makes $270 Million SPAC Debut - dot.LA ›
- Why SPACs Are Today's Best Option for an IPO - dot.LA ›
Dealmaking in the frenzied cannabis market continues to flourish with the latest megadeal announced Thursday. Investors aim to build a Coca-Cola or Hershey of marijuana, launching the first national pot brand in the United States.
Related: What Is a SPAC?<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="bc53d9f3997c4377c28f3b69585e21d0"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RM8Ew3XNbP0?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
- Tech Companies are Getting Caught in Marijuana Regulation - dot.LA ›
- The Death of Dmitry Bosov and His Dream of a Cannabis Empire ... ›
- The Rise and Fall of Genius Fund's $164M Cannabis Empire - dot.LA ›
Henrik Fisker doesn't want to be like Tesla or any of the other startup automakers trying to corner the electric car market, largely by manufacturing luxury vehicles. But his planned second car could be a radical step towards that goal.
Unveiled last month, Fisker Inc.'s new electric car is set to cost less than $30,000 and be a dramatic reinvention of not only the compact car, but also the format of the car as we know it.
In an interview with dot.LA, Henrik Fisker said it is the right time to rethink not only who might be willing to buy new electric cars, but also the kind of car city-dwellers will want to own.
- Fisker Set to Go Public with $2.9b Valuation, EV SUV to Roll Out by ... ›
- Fisker and Apple Manufacturer Foxconn to Build Electric Cars - dot.LA ›
- Fisker Picks Up Manhattan Beach Headquarters - dot.LA ›
- Fisker to Go Public, Set to Produce Electric Cars by 2022 - dot.LA ›
- Faraday Future Looks to Grow in China - dot.LA ›