Get in the KNOW
on LA Startups & TechX
Electric vehicles have the potential to cut carbon emissions and clear the way for significant progress in meeting California and the U.S.'s climate goals. And now that California will require all new cars sold to be zero-emission by 2035, interest is growing and EV companies jockey for dominance. But a number of obstacles, particularly charging, may impact how quickly these vehicles are adopted by consumers.
In this installment of our "dot.LA Explains" series, host Kelly O'Grady dives into some key challenges facing EV charging, including infrastructure, grid capacity, charging length and pricing.
Watch to learn more about electric vehicles, and follow us on Instagram for exclusive video content.
- LA City Officials Push For Electric Vehicle Master Plan - dot.LA ›
- EVgo Charging Stations' New Price Plan For Electric Vehicles - dot.LA ›
- SoCal Edison Plans to Build 38,000 EV Chargers Across SoCal - dot ... ›
- LA Has Become a Magnet for EV Charging Station Startups. - dot.LA ›
- Romeo Power’s CEO on the Future of E-Vehicles and Batteries - dot.LA ›
- Why Electric Vehicle Maker Phoenix Motors is Going Public - dot.LA ›
The streaming wars took center stage during the pandemic. Over the past year, a number of new services launched, making the landscape even more competitive. And while COVID-19 certainly increased audiences' interest in streaming services, the trend is likely only going to continue, maybe permanently.
Watch to learn more about the future of work, and follow us on Instagram for exclusive video content.
- Disney CEO: Movie Fans Want Flexibility - dot.LA ›
- Streaming Trends to Watch in 2021 - dot.LA ›
- As the Streaming Wars Heat Up, Why Are Consumers Losing Out ... ›
- VideoAmp Raises $275 Million to Dethrone Nielsen - dot.LA ›
You may have heard of a 10 second video by Beeple that sold for $6.6 million in early 2021. It's an example of a new digital investment craze that has exploded over the past year called NFTs. Every day another company or celebrity announces their foray into the space, continuing to build that buzz.
But what is an NFT and what makes these assets so valuable? On this installment from our "dot.LA Explains" series, host Kelly O'Grady runs through what you need to know about NFT.
Watch to learn more about NFTs, and follow us on Instagram for exclusive video content.
- NFTs Could Change the Game for Artists and Creators - dot.LA ›
- NFTs Rise, and What's Could Be Coming Next - dot.LA ›
- NFTs Take Center Stage at dot.LA Summit Panel - dot.LA ›
- Are NFTs a Good Investment? We Asked Local VCs - dot.LA ›
- New NFT Drop Features Travis Kalanick, Sundar Pichai, More - dot.LA ›