While the world eagerly waits for any sign of a cure to COVID-19, the Santa Monica-based Milken Institute has launched a publicly accessible spreadsheet to help the public and policymakers track progress of possible treatments and vaccines. It is developed and maintained by FasterCures, a division of Milken, along with an advisory council of former FDA chiefs, industry leaders, and a Nobel Laureate researcher.
- Coronavirus Stokes Investor Fears – From Venture Capital to Wall ... ›
- Three COVID-19 Vaccines Being Developed in Los Angeles - dot.LA ›
- Why Is It so Hard to Book a COVID Vaccine Appointment? - dot.LA ›
With virtually every event nationwide now canceled for at least the next two months, Cameron Argetsinger, who specializes in insurance law, says his phone has been ringing nonstop.
"There's no precedent for this," he told dot.LA.
Everyone from financier Michael Milken to bankers and venture capitalists had an opinion about the market-rattling coronavirus at the annual Montgomery Summit in Santa Monica that gathered top-flight investors and entrepreneurs. "Some of you made a tough decision by coming here," conference organizer Jamie Montgomery told a lunchtime crowd. "I'll breath easy the next couple weeks if nothing happens."
- The Montgomery Summit Has a Scaled-Down Version in Australia ... ›
- montgomery-summit - dot.LA ›
- March Capital's Jamie Montgomery on Philanthropy - dot.LA ›