Los Angeles is adding another player to its roster of packaged health food startups.
Irvine-based Longève Brands, a startup selling fake meat crumbles made of pea protein, closed a $5 million seed round Wednesday led by Wavemaker Partners and Springboard. The company's line of faux-meat products includes "Protein Crumbles" that resemble ground meat and can sit on pantry shelves instead of needing refrigeration.
At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, gyms across the country were forced to close without knowing when they would reopen. Presence Fit is hoping to fill that void by launching their application to create interactive remote workouts.
Presence Fit has trainers working in two-way live high intensity interval training classes which uses your smartphone's camera and audio. No need for any other equipment.
The Los Angeles-based company had a soft launch in June, but today announced it has raised $1 million in seed funding and will soon be expanding. The raise is backed by angel investor Michael Stoppelman and Tom Masonry, among others.
Robert Jadon is a co-founder of Presence Fit.
Dr. Masaki Nakada is a co-founder of Presence Fit.
- Zwift's Raises $450M to Build Fitness Hardware - dot.LA ›
- FitOn Fitness App Raises $7 Million in Funding - dot.LA ›
The pandemic has forced many gyms to close and emptied others, catapulting the at-home fitness industry.
Zwift, a social fitness application that lets users virtually train together on their treadmills and bikes, is taking advantage of the shift.
The Long Beach-based company announced Wednesday it raised $450 million to build out Zwift-branded "hardware' for fitness buffs that uses the company's 3-D generated worlds to ride or run alongside others. It's also looking to expand into esports as it builds out the 10 virtual worlds it offers in the platform. In the summer, Zwift hosted a virtual Tour de France in July.
- Barry's Not Sobbing: VR Training Platform Talespin Triples Funding ›
- A Virtual Reality Look at a COVID-19 Patient's Lungs: No 'MD' ›
- Holos Will Bring Its Virtual Reality Training to the Air Force, IAI - dot.LA ›
- VR Startups NextVR and ViRvii Attract Big Tech - dot.LA ›
- Presence Fit Raises 1M Seed Round Bring Gyms into Homes - dot.LA ›