The virtual influencer Miquela Sousa, aka Lil Miquela, whose rise has garnered equal parts uproar and admiration, continued her foray into NFTs on Wednesday with part two of a five-part series that promises to "tell a special story over time."
- 'Owning Things Matters':NFTs Change the Game for Creators - dot.LA ›
- LA's Music-Tech Startups Are Poised to Reshape the Industry. - dot.LA ›
The venture capitalist Aileen Lee coined the term "unicorn" in 2013 as a catchy way to denote startups reaching the milestone of a billion-dollar valuation. It was meant to describe something unusual; at the time there were just 39 unicorns.
In today's red hot startup market, unicorns are far less rarified, currently numbering more than 600 worldwide, according to CB Insights.
Pacaso, a platform facilitating fractional ownership in second homes, announced Wednesday it too will join the unicorn club. That makes it one of the fastest companies ever to reach a $1 billion valuation, according to Pitchbook data.
Betting that a considerable number of employees will be working remotely long after the pandemic ends, Haystack officially launched Tuesday to provide a centralized communications, HR and training hub for companies with more than 300 employees.
Its goal is to make big companies feel small.
- Here's How Bird Laid Off 406 People in Two Minutes - dot.LA ›
- How to Practice Cybersecurity at Home - dot.LA ›
- Silicon Valley Is Doing Nearly as Many Deals as Last Year - dot.LA ›