On today's episode of Office Hours, I'm excited for you to get to know Austin Allison, my co-founder and CEO of our company, Pacaso.
Birds were the first dwellers Austin served with his boyhood bird-house business. Now, with Pacaso, our goal is to democratize second-home ownership by enabling people to co-own an amazing second home --- for 1/8 the cost.
Hear his take on what it meant to have his first company acquired, his number one tip on how to keep his crew focused and how to best navigate what seems like weekly iterations of the start-up environment.
- Proptech Startup Pacaso Raises $17M to Make it Easier to Own a ... ›
- Daina Trout, Health-Ade Kombucha CEO, on How to Pivot - dot.LA ›
- Office Hours Podcast: Bill Gurley On Startups, Venture Capital and ... ›
LeaseLock has made rent deposit-free to renters of hundreds of thousands of apartments owned by companies like Greystar and Cushman Wakefield. It is now also eyeing single family portfolios.
The lease insurance platform closed a $52 million Series B round, and will use the funding to continue supporting the 1.5 million homes it insures, while looking to expand its insurance types to include individual owners.
The largest property technology or "proptech" venture firm Fifth Wall is joining the SPAC boom.
In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Comission this week, the firm said its creating a special acquisition company (SPAC) and intends to raise up to $287 million by selling 28.75 million shares at $10 a piece to seek out opportunities in real estate tech.
- Brendan Wallace, Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Fifth Wall - dot ... ›
- Fifth Wall Venture Firm Is Now a B Corporation - dot.LA ›