Los Angeles County is cementing its position as the nation's center of the electric vehicle industry, where some 118,000 jobs working on everything from car design to better batteries.
The Los Angeles Economic Development Corp. said Monday, in its study on the industry, that L.A. controls 43% of California's massive EV industry. The growth helps the state compete with Michigan in what the LAEDC is calling a "hometown industry."
- Hyundai Taps Electric Car Startup Canoo for Design Work ›
- Transportation - dot.LA ›
- Karma Automotive Comes Up with $100M in New Funding - dot.LA ›
- The Electric Vehicle Race is On - dot.LA ›
- Karma Automotive Details Plans to Go Public - dot.LA ›