On this episode of the Behind Her Empire podcast, hear from Shalini Vadhera, an entrepreneur, celebrity make-up artist, bestselling author of "Passport To Beauty," and founder of the multi-million-dollar global cosmetics company, Global Goddess Beauty, that she started from her garage.
This episode is loaded with insight rooted in real-life pain and experience.
- The moment Vadhera clearly distinguished what made her beauty products unique — multicultural beauty and global beauty secrets — she was a hit on "The Early Show" on CBS, which led to appearances on other big syndicated talk shows. Those experiences ultimately led to a book deal.
- Vadhera traveled the world for two years, discovering beauty secrets from women wherever she could find them as the foundational content of her book, "Passport to Beauty."
- Sephora eventually came calling, and Vadhera partnered with them to make her first beauty brand.
- Later, she left the company she'd created after a schism with a new partner.
"Rejection is there and you just have to become so strong that it doesn't affect you personally. And I've never gone through the front door....It's always been through a side door, a back door, the roof....not necessarily like what everybody else is doing."
Shalini Vadhera is the founder of cosmetics company Global Goddess Beauty and author of "Passport to Beauty."
- Behind Her Empire Podcast: NYX Cosmetics Founder Toni Ko On ... ›
- Behind Her Empire Podcast: Nyakio Grieco, Founder of Nyakio Beauty ›
- MM.LaFleur's Founder On How to Power Through Self-Doubt - dot.LA ›
- Behind Her Empire Podcast: Caulipower Founder And CEO on a ... ›
- Behind Her Empire Podcast: Sarah Flint On Forging Destiny ›
- Behind Her Empire: Create Millions By Solving Your Problem - dot.LA ›
- Coolhaus Ice Cream CEO Natasha Case on Building her Company ... ›
- How Sabrina Kay Went from Janitor to Multimillionaire CEO - dot.LA ›
- First Media CEO Sharon Rechter on Creating BabyFirst TV - dot.LA ›
- Venus et Fleur Grew Out of a Bad Valentine's Day Date - dot.LA ›
- TransPerfect Co-Founder Liz Elting on Co-Founding a Company - dot.LA ›
- Supergoop!'s Sunscreen Biz Was Born of a Brush with Cancer - dot.LA ›