Santa Monica-based Bird could benefit from a post COVID-19 world where fewer people are using public transportation, especially in urban areas in Europe and Asia where car ownership is more expensive, according to an optimistic new research note published by Pitchbook.
"We believe the thesis for shared mobility remains intact, and expect public aversion to mass transit to drive a $15 billion addressable market expansion for the industry," Asad Hussain, an emerging technology analyst at Pitchbook, wrote late Wednesday . "Anecdotally, we are hearing of an uptick in interest in mobility among investors seeing the light at the end of the tunnel."
- Lime Temporarily Shuts Down in California Due to Coronavirus - dot ... ›
- Bird Acquires European e-Scooter Company Circ, Raises $75 ... ›
- Here's How Bird Laid Off 406 People in Two Minutes - dot.LA ›
- Bird Pay Will Let Scooter Users Purchase From Local Vendors - dot.LA ›
- Bird Seeks to Unload Santa Monica HQ - dot.LA ›