LA Venture Podcast: David Fleck Of FreeFlow Invests In Caltech Startups
I deeply appreciate David's approach to life and work. On this episode of LA Venture, hear Fleck talk about founding FreeFlow in order to invest in startups coming out of Caltech that have the potential to improve our world.
- Freeflow Venture Firm Launches to Back Caltech Startups - dot.LA ›
- Miramar Digital Ventures' Bruce Hallett on Venture Capital - dot.LA ›
Subscribe to our newsletter to catch every headline.
Even Disney CEO Bob Chapek is surprised by the success of Disney Plus.
"What we didn't realize was the non-family appeal that a service like Disney Plus would have," Chapek said Monday, speaking at a Morgan Stanley tech conference. "Over 50% of our global [subscribers] don't have kids, and that is the big difference."
- What Mulan 2020 May Mean for Disney+ and Movie Distribution ... ›
- Netflix, Hulu and Disney Don't Want You Watching TV Alone - dot.LA ›
- Disney Earnings: Disney Plus Blows Past Expectations - dot.LA ›
- Disney Plus Surpasses 60 Million Subscribers - dot.LA ›
There's about to be a slew of board level positions open for women this year.
Under California state law, public companies such as Warner Music Group must have three female board members, if their board has six or more members, by the end of the year. There are over 600 public companies in California that will need to fill a total of about 600 board seats with women, estimates Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, chief executive of 50/50 Women on Boards.
Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire is the chief executive of 50/50 Women on Boards.
Rocket Lab, a Long Beach manufacturer of small rockets used to launch satellites, plans to go public through a SPAC merger that will value the company at $4.1 billion.
The move could position Rocket Lab, which hopes to eventually send people into orbit, as a larger player in space travel.
- Virgin Orbit Will Launch the First Dutch Defense Satellite - dot.LA ›
- Relativity Space CEO: 20K Satellites Will Launch in the Next Five ... ›
- Long Beach is Becoming Home to the Aerospace Industry Once ... ›
- Rocket Lab Launches Secret Payload From New Zealand - dot.LA ›