On this week's episode of L.A. Venture, hear about Bruce Hallett's new $100M fund, Miramar Digital Ventures II. The fund invests early in software and data.
Miramar has about 25 companies in their portfolio, about two thirds of which are Southern California-based.
"We're big fans of entrepreneurs," Hallett says. "We see ourselves as supporting entrepreneurs, not telling them what to do."
Many in L.A., but Miramar itself is based in Orange County. Hallett has been doing venture for a couple decades. He explains why many VCs have gone back to preferring notes over SAFEs, and other insights on deal preferences and construction.
- LA Venture Podcast: David Fleck Of FreeFlow Invests In Caltech ... ›
- LA Venture Podcast: A Conversation With Alex Gurevich of Javelin ... ›
- David Fleck Of FreeFlow Invests In Caltech Startups - dot.LA ›
- Operate Studio's Carey Ransom On Investing In Orange County - dot.LA ›
- LA Venture: Touchdown Ventures' Beth Kearns - dot.LA ›
- LootMogul Secures $200M, Hackman Capital Lands $1.6B - dot.LA ›