The Weeknd is set to perform live on TikTok tonight, showcasing not only the Grammy Award-winning artist's talent but also the fast-growing company that will turn him into an avatar for the performance.
Wave creates digital avatars for musicians to put on shows and interact with fans in real time. Its partnership with TikTok, the besieged social media app known for short dance videos, provides the Los Angeles-based company with its largest platform yet to showcase what it can do.
- The Weeknd, TikTok and the Hunger for Virtual Audiences - dot.LA ›
- TikTok, The Weeknd and the Hunger for Virtual Audiences - dot.LA ›
- the-weeknd - dot.LA ›
- Wave Virtual Concert Platform Raises $30 Million - dot.LA ›
- Could the U.S. Ban Chinese-Owned TikTok? - dot.LA ›
- TikTok Under Scrutiny From Child Privacy Advocates - dot.LA ›
- Tencent Acquires Stake in LA-Based Concert Platform Wave - dot.LA ›