LA Venture Podcast: A Conversation With Alex Gurevich of Javelin Venture Partners
Javelin's Alex Gurevich talks with us about investing in Masterclass, Thumbtack, Mythical Games and more. Alex also tells us why VCs should be getting performance reviews from their founders.
- Venture Capital Reports See Tough Times Ahead For Startups - dot.LA ›
- Want To Solve Venture Capital's Diversity Problem? Start With ›
Subscribe to our newsletter to catch every headline.
President Donald Trump told reporters he approved a deal in concept between Oracle and TikTok's parent company ByteDance in which Oracle and Walmart would partner with the app in the U.S. The move could avert the ban in U.S. app stores that was set to go into effect on Sunday.
- Trump and Microsoft Are Looking at TikTok - dot.LA ›
- How Trump's Order Could Impact The Fates of Snap, TikTok and ... ›
- TikTok Threatens Legal Action Over Trumps Executive Order - dot.LA ›
- TikTok Employee Patrick Ryan Sues Trump for Defamation - dot.LA ›
- TikTok Employee Asks Judge to Halt Ban on Popular Video App ... ›
- DOJ: TikTok Employees Will Get Paid Despite Trump's Order - dot.LA ›
I deeply appreciate David's approach to life and work. On this episode of LA Venture, hear Fleck talk about founding FreeFlow in order to invest in startups coming out of Caltech that have the potential to improve our world.
L.A.'s tech and startup community was active as ever this week. dot.LA chief host and correspondent Kelly O'Grady takes you through the key points of the top five headlines:
- TikTok Plans IPO, Considers Instagram Co-Founder as CEO
- 'LinkedIn. Is. Not. A. Dating. Site': Should People Be Trying to Find Love on LinkedIn?
- Zwift Takes on Peloton with $450M Investment
- Flush with $87 Million, Boosted Commerce Prepares for Massive Amazon Shopping Spree
- An Early Peek at First Look's Showcase of Cutting-Edge Science Startups