Catch Up On This Week's Top 5 Stories With Our Video Recap
What's going on with L.A.'s tech and startup community? A lot! dot.LA chief host and correspondent Kelly O'Grady takes you through the key points of the top five headlines from this week. Don't miss out on the essential news you need to know:
- COVID Tests Launch at LAX for $150 a Piece
- GoodRx Stock Slides After Amazon Debuts Prescription Delivery
- Bird Reportedly Explores Going Public via SPAC
- 3D Printing Could be a Game-Changer for Space Exploration
- Relativity Space Lands $500M Investment
Weekly Recap: LAX Launches COVID Testing, GoodRx Stock Slides with Threat of Amazon & More! youtu.be
Watch to stay smart on what is happening, and follow us on Instagram for daily video content.
Subscribe to our newsletter to catch every headline.
On this week's episode of the L.A. Venture podcast, hear from Chang Xu, partner at Basis Set Ventures, a $140 million fund focused on AI and automation - technology that transforms the way people work.
- Mark Suster of Upfront Ventures on VC's Primary Job - dot.LA ›
- Thin Line Capital's Aaron Fyke on Clean Tech Investing - dot.LA ›
The Santa Monica-based movie-ticketing service Atom Tickets has pre-sold more tickets for "Godzilla vs. Kong" than any film since the start of lockdown.
Following a disastrous year for the box office, its performance could be a litmus test for Hollywood and the many theaters that teetered on the brink during the pandemic.
The Theatrical Release Window: Will the Changes Last?<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="e7bb2683314ede849919cd30d57c4099"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOlPoYDVYwk?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
- Warner Bros.' Films Will Be Released in Theaters, HBO Max - dot.LA ›
- VidCon Returns! Could Other In-Person Events Be Coming Soon ... ›
Sam primarily covers entertainment and media for dot.LA. Previously he was Marjorie Deane Fellow at The Economist, where he wrote for the business and finance sections of the print edition. He has also worked at the XPRIZE Foundation, U.S. Government Accountability Office, KCRW, and MLB Advanced Media (now Disney Streaming Services). He holds an MBA from UCLA Anderson, an MPP from UCLA Luskin and a BA in History from University of Michigan. Email him at samblake@dot.LA and find him on Twitter @hisamblake