On today's episode of the Behind Her Empire podcast, we're talking about the realities of managing both motherhood and career.
The fundamental question many women ask themselves is: can I still be successful professionally and be a mother and build a family? The short answer is yes.
I picked two incredible entrepreneurs to expand on the topic of why balance is BS, especially when it comes to women, motherhood and their careers. Shilpa sums it up when she says, "I don't think you can be all things to all people at all times. And I think anyone who she says is, is going to be sad because they're failing all the time. It's just an unachievable objective." Shilpa praises her long-time nanny as an indispensable piece of Shilpa's success. Trout relates and says motherhood forced her hand. She hired somebody "who takes care of the kids, does the laundry and cooks me dinner every night. That's how I make the CEO thing work."
Today's mini-episode features Shilpa Shah, the founder of the direct-to-consumer luxury fashion brand Cuyana, and Daina Trout, the founder of the popular kombucha brand Health-Ade Kombucha.
Both Shilpa and Daina share advice they would give their younger self or any woman who is thinking about building both their family and empire.
- The Pandemic Has Erased Many Gains for Female Founders in LA ... ›
- VCs Fund More Early Stage Female Founders in LA - dot.LA ›
- Watch: Our Startup Pitch Showcase Featuring Female Founders ... ›
- LA Female Founders See Big Drop in Funding - dot.LA ›
- Fresh n' Lean Founder Laureen Asseo On Starting Her Business ... ›
- Hedley & Bennett CEO Gail Bennett on Starting a Business - dot.LA ›
- RAMONA Wine Founder On Zigzagging Your Way To Success - dot.LA ›