Watch: The Week in Review - Musso & Frank Fallout, VC Check Writing, Pandemic Pivot
We launched in January with a mission to report on stories that impact the Los Angeles startup and technology communities. Now, we're taking our reporting to video.
We'll focus on three key projects:
- Our Weekly News Briefing, which you can check out above, is our 5-10 min rundown of key dot.LA stories and general developments from the L.A. tech, media and startup space.
- The dot.LA Daily Digest will get you caught up quickly on stories each day. We'll arm you with breaking news, events and information. Look for it at the end of each day on Instagram, YouTube and elsewhere.
- We'll also be rolling out regular dot.LA exclusive interviews and event recaps with influential change-makers and dot.LA reporters.
Kelly is our Chief Host & Correspondent leading video initiatives. O'Grady holds a bachelor's degree from Harvard College and an MBA from Harvard Business School. She most recently worked as a management consultant for McKinsey & Company. Prior to that, she served on The Walt Disney Company's Corporate Strategy team, focusing on M&A and the company's direct-to-consumer streaming efforts. She has served as a TV reporter for NESN, New England's premier sports network, launched and managed her own podcast focused on female entrepreneurs and the media business, and guested on news media outlets like Yahoo! Finance. During this time, she also spent a year as Miss Massachusetts USA.
Subscribe to our newsletter to catch every headline.
What's going on with L.A.'s tech and startup community? A lot! dot.LA chief host and correspondent Kelly O'Grady takes you through the key points of the top five headlines. Don't miss out on the essential news you need to know:
- TikTok Faces Uncertainty from Both U.S. and China on Deal with Oracle
- GoodRx Shares Soar 50% on Wall Street Debut
- Have a Look Inside Amazon's First 'Smart' Grocery Store
- Leonardo DiCaprio Joins LA Venture Fund Struck Capital as Limited Partner
- GOAT's $100M Raise Fuels its Trendsetter Ambitions in a Casual Era of Ecommerce
You'll soon be able to take a rapid COVID-19 test before boarding a plane at Los Angeles International Airport.
Two design companies — one known for transforming shipping containers into pop-up businesses and homes, another that focuses on an eco-friendly approach to architecture — will erect modular COVID testing center at LAX by Nov. 1. New Jersey-based Clarity Labs will eventually staff those sites with technicians.
It's never been a better time to "murder your thirst."
Seven months after raising more than $9 million in Series A funding, Santa Monica-based canned water startup Liquid Death has raised $23 million in Series B funding.
The round was led by an unnamed consumer-focused family office and participated in by Convivialité Ventures, Fat Mike (NOFX), Pat McAfee, existing investor in Velvet Sea Ventures and others.