Adobe Analytics, which monitors holiday shopping, expects Americans to spend more on the digital holiday than even Black Friday. But they are likely to see many items out of stock. On the top of the list of items expected to be sold out: apparel, electronics, sporting goods and products for young children. Read more >>
Here's what else we're reading in the news:
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has stepped down and has named Parag Agrawal as his replacement.
- Former SpaceX engineers have launched a mobile food service called Stellar Pizza that can cook more than 100 pizzas an hour and it's coming to L.A. next spring.
- Russia is accusing Netflix of violating its content moderation law, calling its content “gay propaganda.”
- The application for L.A.’s guaranteed income pilot asks applicants some deeply personal questions.
- These were the top 10 GIFs of 2021, according to Giphy.
- #LongLA is having a holiday party on Dec. 14 in Culver City.
Most Sought-Out Deals on Cyber Monday
Adobe Analytics estimates that hot ticket items to look out for this holiday season are Apple Airpods and Airpods Max, drones, Samsung and LG TVs, air fryers, weighted blankets, Insta Pots, record players, smart mugs and water bottles. The usual plethora of cheap tech gadgets like laptops, TVs and game consoles has also been harmed by the chip shortages that have reduced supplies.
Snap Expands Yellow Accelerator Program
Snap Inc. is expanding its Yellow Accelerator program, opening it up twice a year and for eight companies per cohort. Snap boasts that 75% of the companies that have participated in the accelerator program have a female and/or BIPOC founder.
Inside Romeo Power’s Plan to Electrify Trucks Nationwide
Romeo Power is emerging as yet another player in the electric vehicle battery scene. Its goal is to bring the technology to delivery vehicles and long-haul trucks. dot.LA spoke with Romeo Power President and CEO Susan Seilheimer Brennan about the company's recent earnings and how its business might be able to mitigate the damage the trucking industry is causing to the environment.
Steno Agency Brings Deferred Payment Services For Lawyers
The Westwood-based startup Steno Agency prides itself on its deferred payment system, DelayPay, that allows attorneys to hire court reporters and videographers without the worry of up-front costs. Last week, the company received $20 million in debt financing from Rivonia Road Capital, a global alternative asset manager.