The dot.LA Pitch Showcase scheduled for Thursday, August 6th has been postponed. Registrants for the event will be notified via email. We'll update you with the new date and event information as soon as it's confirmed.
Submissions are still open for company nominations to present at the live event. We are looking for Southern California startups in the interactive and virtual entertainment space. Submissions will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Please contact annie@dot.LA with any questions.
Subscribe to our newsletter to catch every headline.
More Similar Events:
Join us October 27th & 28th for the dot.LA Summit, with an all-star lineup of speakers, including headliners Kevin Mayer, creator of Disney Plus and former CEO of TikTok, and Benchmark General Partner Bill Gurley.
The inaugural dot.LA Summit will feature a curated selection of disruptive and innovative L.A.-based startups, keynote speakers and panelists, made up of founder CEOs and C-level executives working in tech, media, entertainment and healthcare.
The conference will draw over 500 guests, including early-to-late stage VCs, as well as growth-stage, and angel investors. The Summit will be an online event full of exciting keynote programming, interactive panels, a pitch competition, workshops, an awards show and relationship-building.
Other recently announced speakers include:
- Kevin Mayer, former CEO of TikTok & creator of Disney+
- Bill Gurley, general partner at Benchmark
- Tracie Rotter, former partner at GV
- Beatriz Acevedo, CEO & founder at Suma Wealth
- Jennifer Richard, principal at Bonfire Ventures
- Guru Gowrappan, CEO at Verizon Media Group
- Jesse Jacobs, co-founder and partner at The Chernin Group, LLC
- Dr. Nader Pouratian, MD, professor and vice chair of neurosurgery at UCLA Health
- Morgan DeBaun, CEO and founder of Blavity Inc
- Spencer Rascoff, co-founder of dot.LA and Zillow
- Rich Pierson, co-founder and CEO Headspace Inc.
- Alex Pall and Drew Taggart of the Chainsmokers
- Elan Lee, co-founder, Exploding Kittens
- Jesse Draper, general partner at Halogen Ventures
- Nick Raby, head of corporate real estate, North America at Facebook
- Michelle Lozzi, director of experience, Reddit
- Warren Kleban, director of real estate and workplace at Instacart
- Saudi Siddiqui, M.D., co-founder and CEO, SketchyMedical
- Jonathan Neman, co-founder & CEO, sweetgreen
- Robyn Ward, CEO, FounderForward
- Gregory Milken, managing director, March Capital
- Anna Barber, managing director at Techstars LA
- Matthew Bakal, executive chairman and co-founder at Atom Tickets
- Ophir Lupu, UTA's head of video games
GA registrants will receive full access to both days of content.
VIP registrants will receive special gifts from dot.LA and our partners as well as daily lunch and other surprises.
We look forward to welcoming you to a fun and informative, not-to-be-missed event!
Stay tuned for more speaker announcements and the latest dot.LA Summit news!
Bill Gurley, General Partner at Benchmark Capital
Bill Gurley has spent over 15 years as a General Partner at Benchmark Capital. Prior to Benchmark, Bill was a partner with Hummer Winblad Venture Partners.
Before entering the venture capital business, Bill spent four years on Wall Street as a top-ranked research analyst, including three years at CS First Boston focusing on personal computer hardware and software. His research coverage included such companies as Dell, Compaq, and Microsoft, and he was the lead analyst on the Amazon IPO. In both 1995 and 1996, Bill was a member of the Institutional Investor All-American Research Team.
Prior to his investment career, Bill was a design engineer at Compaq Computer, where he worked on products such as the 486/50 and Compaq's first multi-processor server. For the past fifteen years, Bill has authored the Above the Crowd blog which focuses on the evolution and economics of high technology businesses.
Kevin Mayer, , Chairman of Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International
Kevin Mayer is the former CEO of TikTok and Chairman of Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International. Prior to his appointment as TikTok CEO, Mayer was the Chairman of Direct-to-Consumer & International division of The Walt Disney Company. He was previously the senior executive vice president and chief strategy officer of Disney where he managed their acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm, and 21st Century Fox. He also directed the divestitures of Miramax and ABC Radio.
We are thrilled to announce the inaugural "dot.LA Startup Awards 2020," a celebration of the most innovative people and companies in the L.A. startup and tech community. Vote for the startups and individuals who made a difference in 2020!
Voting has ended for the awards. Thanks to everyone who participated. Watch them live as part of the dot.LA Summit. Tickets are available here.
We are so excited to announce the nominees for the inaugural "dot.LA Startup Awards 2020," a celebration of the most innovative people and companies in LA's startup and tech community. The event will be hosted live on Wednesday, October 28th to close out the dot.LA Summit. We will recognize L.A.'s rising tech companies and leaders.
Vote for who you think should win each category!
Descriptions for each nominee are below.
The winners will be announced live at the dot.LA Summit.