Italy native Massimo De Marco helped launch Pasadena-based food delivery platform Kitchen United and worked for restaurateur Wolfgang Puck and the Hillcrest Country Club in Beverly Hills. Now, he's teamed up with engineers formerly from Walt Disney Imagineering, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Boston Dynamics and Virgin Hyperloop to create an automated pizza-making experience, Piestro.
Here’s what else we’re reading in the news:
- The SEC opens an investigation into Elon Musk over possible insider trading.
- Culver City-based Clutter acquires on-demand storage company Makespace.
- As telehealth services expand, a recent study finds the industry is leaving non-English speakers behind.
- Quixote Studios moves to Van Nuys’ Chandler Studios, where "The Office" was filmed.
- Discovery’s CEO pledges to bring down the cost of producing content once its merger with WarnerMedia is complete.
Inside Robotics Pizza Startup Piestro
As food automation ramps, Piestro is making a fully robotic vending machine that produces pizza in minutes.
Wave Sports + Entertainment Raises $27 Million
Sports media startup Wave Sports + Entertainment (WSE) has raised $27 million in new funding from a host of investors, including reigning NBA Finals MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo.
🎧 Listen up: How Cancer Changed Bumble's Former CEO's Perspective
On this week's Behind Her Empire, Sarah Jones Simmer joins to talk about working at Bumble, becoming a CEO and how her struggle with cancer changed her worldview.